Most of these will make it more modder friendly and remove many limitations
- 1 The ability to add new ships using soft coding and not source editing
- Defining ship abilities and being able to customize those abilities through Soft coding
- Support for .TGA and .3ds models as the current formats are hard to find tools to convert them
- The ability to define whether or not ships get wingmen and how many in soft code
- Research Upgrade system from cataclysm
- Missile Launch exhaust coming from missile weapon launch points (like the deacon Class destroyer in cataclysm)
- Cataclysm Hive Frigate drone logic with the ability to define how many drones the ship posses
- Higher texture memory options
- The Fly a ship source edits included included with the ability to shoot but have the fire key other than "T"
- Expand the key mapping system
- Engine trails on fighter craft can use models and gray scale textures while the color is still soft coded
- Ship names are defined in their .shp files instead of their (language).script file allowing taidan unit to have a different name from the equivalent kushan unit.
- .xml or .ini unicode file format for soft coding
- Open source Model editing and texture editing utilities
If I think of anything else I'll add it. feel free to make your suggestions as well[/list]