Homesource Forums

Homeworld Source Editing Talk
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:22 pm 
coder

I've tried creating new Mantis bug reports but it refuses to do so moaning about "invalid value for field". Now it's entirely possible there is an error on the form but since it won't tell me which field has the problem and all the required fields are set and (apparently) correctly formatted as text/numbers where appropriate I'm a little stuck. Can you check the configuration please?

Also:

- can we change the default value for the 32/64-bit pop-up menu to be "32" please?
- sorting of "View Issues" by column doesn't seem to work (e.g. "Status" or "Category"). Is this a known issue with this version of Mantis?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:40 pm 
coder

lmop wrote:
- sorting of "View Issues" by column doesn't seem to work (e.g. "Status" or "Category"). Is this a known issue with this version of Mantis?

Apparently so: 0007476: Sorting issues at "View Issues" page does not work, although root cause seems to be MySQL which has fixed the problem in 4.1.22.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

lmop wrote:
I've tried creating new Mantis bug reports but it refuses to do so moaning about "invalid value for field".

I went through and reviewed the latest field added, tweaked it a bit, and was able to file a "Derelict explosions" bug. See if it works for you now.

lmop wrote:
- can we change the default value for the 32/64-bit pop-up menu to be "32" please?

Done.

lmop wrote:

Unknown. I'll check.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

lmop wrote:
Apparently so: 0007476: Sorting issues at "View Issues" page does not work, although root cause seems to be MySQL which has fixed the problem in 4.1.22.

Okay, thanks. That's a start, then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am 
coder

Looks like the "gcc version used" string requires a decimal: "4.0.1" works; "4" does not. Unfortunately, the default setting of "?" also fails this test so if you try to update a bug already in the system, then it won't pass validation and prevents you from saving your change...

I'm still seeing defaulting of processor precision to 64-bit too. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:04 am 
Site Admin

lmop wrote:
Looks like the "gcc version used" string requires a decimal: "4.0.1" works; "4" does not. Unfortunately, the default setting of "?" also fails this test so if you try to update a bug already in the system, then it won't pass validation and prevents you from saving your change...

The chewing sound you hear is that of an assumption biting me in the ass :) I think of gcc versions in 3 digit terms and set 3 characters as the minimum. Which would only enforce 3.*, 4.* etc anyways... it's set to one character minumum now.

lmop wrote:
I'm still seeing defaulting of processor precision to 64-bit too. :(

That was me not formatting the enumerations correctly. fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:27 pm 
coder

Thanks. However, the "gcc" field is actually required (but not indicated as such) since you can't leave it blank.