Homesource Forums

Homeworld Source Editing Talk
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:50 pm 

Hi guys,

I've been working to get the Homeworld project to compile under VC2010. I've resolved most of the issues but I'm left without a working version of kas2c to generate the mission header and C files as this only appears to work under Linux.

I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow but thought I'd ask if anyone on here has already tried this.

The next thing to try will probably involve using Cygwin to configure and make it somehow I guess.

Cheers,

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:03 pm 

I got another chance to take a look at this tonight.

Driving me slightly insane now. I can compile other SDL Linux based projects using the usual ./bootstrap, ./configure etc... but not HomeworldSDL. It still fails with the same: "warning: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library" which is defined within my /usr/local/share/aclocal directory.

As a plan B would someone mind just doing the kas2c conversion for me using the latest sources so I can get it compiling locally?

Sometime in the next few weeks I hope to have a Linux machine again, that might actually make all this a bit easier but until then it'd help :)

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:37 am 
coder

Sorry I've only just read this (I've been distracted by many other things!). Do you still need some help with this?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:48 pm 

I am interested in what you found out too.

I was not able to generate the KAS files too under Win8 VS2005. In the end I copied the files from my Mac build (which still fails). The Windows build is still very broken with the generated KAS files, so I suggest we check in the generated files to unblock Win development.

Any thoughts?