Homesource Forums

Homeworld Source Editing Talk
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:22 pm 
coder

Ticking the Enable SCM option in the Homeworld project info inspector results in an error and is automatically disabled again after dismissing a dialog. How can I get XCode to use Homeworld SDL's Subversion code repository?

There are a few things to note about XCode 1.5's support of Subversion for Source Code Management (SCM):

1) XCode supports Subversion (in addition to CVS and Perforce) but the Developer Tools do not install any Subversion tools; you have to do that yourself.
2) The initial source code checkout from a Subversion repository must be done manually.
3) There are a number of Mac OS X Subversion installation packages available and they may not install to the place where XCode expects to find it by default.

Until the Mac OS X Developer Tools include Subversion you will have to download and install one of the available Subversion packages yourself. A good guide to installing Subversion is available from O'Reilly's MacDevCenter. (For reference, I used Martin Ott's package.) Note where svn is installed to.

In XCode, open the Homeworld project's info inspector. In the SCM section choose Subversion as the SCM System and click on Edit.... You will be presented with a sheet where you can specify the path to the svn binary. If necessary, change the path to match the one you noted earlier (I had to change it to: /usr/local/bin/svn). Now you should be able to check the Enable SCM option and use XCode's SCM capabilities - very nice they are too :D