Homesource Forums

Homeworld Source Editing Talk
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hard drive failure!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:47 pm 
coder

Okay, first the bad news: The boot drive in homeworld.dnsalias.net just up and died on me yesterday. Now for the good news: The drive with everything important on it is fine. I threw it into my amd64 and did some chroot magic and everything seems to be working, but I'm going to be building a new boot drive for the old machine so there may be some occasional downtime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:54 am 

Sorry to hear about your trouble, my monitor blew and Im currently using the crappiest monitor imaginable.

Hope you get things fixed ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:47 am 
coder

You guys have been playing far too much Homeworld! All those technical problems with the hyperdrive have started to sympathetically affect your real-world systems too... :D I know what a pain it is when some hardware gives out (I once had a DVD drive that refused to read CDs...) - the trick is to treat it as an opportunity to upgrade! Anyway, this explains why a commit I tried the other day hung; a kill -9 event too. Is the Subversion server back up now?

On a slightly different note, I was a little surprised to see this thread here. It has nothing to do with the SDL libraries which is what I thought this forum was for; however it has a everything to do with the Homeworld SDL port. Is this in fact what the thread is intended for, with the Homeworld Coding forum intended for any Homeworld coding project? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:38 pm 
coder

I thought Subversion was working on my makeshift server, but you're right, it's hanging. It looks like something was holding onto the repository lock. It seems to be fine now.

As for the forum, I didn't read the little description line and assumed this was the forum for the Homeworld SDL project. Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:50 am 

Quote:
On a slightly different note, I was a little surprised to see this thread here. It has nothing to do with the SDL libraries which is what I thought this forum was for; however it has a everything to do with the Homeworld SDL port. Is this in fact what the thread is intended for, with the Homeworld Coding forum intended for any Homeworld coding project? Thanks.

Oops, you are right there, it is a project specific thread in a general forum. You'll have to forgive me, Im new to the whole moderator thing and should have spotted that when I posted.

Thread moved

Post subject: All good!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:50 am 
coder

I pulled an old 8G drive out of a computer I'm not using any more and set that up as a boot drive, so everything should be fine now. Sorry for any inconvenience!